Do you believe in Astrology ?

The more I read about Astrology, the more confused I am about whether it works, and whether planetary movements in outer space can define or influence our lives and personalities.

Any thoughts ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do I believe in Astrology? Yes. Do I believe newspaper Horoscopes? No.
    Astrology is the influence of the movement of the stars & planets on the human self. We see how easily the moon alters the water levels of the oceans... I don't see any reason why similar things aren't and can't happen to the human brain. The brains of newborns are just developing, and it only makes sense that they could be affected (even slightly) by the gravitational state of the earth at the time of their birth... Assuming placement of the planets and stars affects the developing brain of a newborn can easily explains how babies born around the same time (under the same astrological sign) would be affected similarly. And also shows how the movement of the stars and planets can continue to affect one throughout life similarly as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I believe it's there but i don't believe it's true. Used to follow it but now I do not.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't believe it's true.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't believe in it but I also don't follow it so there's a lot I don't know about the practice.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Depends what you mean by astrology. The daily horoscopes in the paper?? No. The natal chart one of my friends worked on for two and a half hours per child on and gave to me as a gift?? Yes. I see so much of what she wrote when they were merely infants coming to pass, and of course, some of it that has yet to be determined. For the most part the natal chart readings are correct. So there's something to it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• no.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• @dancer: astrology has no correlation with demons or evil in anyway. According to wikipedia: astrology provides information about personality, human affairs and other earthly matters. A horoscope is an interpretation of a segments of time, and people interpret the segments by the placement of celestial bodies in the sky found at the particular time segment you are looking at (i.e. minutes, hours, days, years, etc). There are different methodologies of interpreting the segments. There are many people who find significant meaning by reading these placements of celestial bodies in the sky. An example interpretation is where the sun is located at the time of one's birth. Astrologers have found that personalities take on certain qualities for people born with particular sun signs. You can dive deeper by looking at planet sign and house placements to learn about personalities, etc.
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 12:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Horoscopes are neither good or bad but what you make of it with your free will. You can see similarities in heroic, iconic or villainous people. Now there will be readings that will be actuate and some that are not. It was explained to me that the times one's horoscope is accurate or applies is when one is on the path. While the times one gets a inaccurate or inapplicable reading can be explained when one deviates from the path.
    tdbaas

Answer by tdbaas at 12:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I was told it has to do with demons and evil.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011