how many people did sex help them go into labor?

people have told me to have sex to try to go into labor i want to know how many people it has worked for and how long after having sex did you go into labor?

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 11:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had sex in the AM, and was in labor around noon. I didn't know I was in labor, but then my husband had to remind me that I was pregnant.

I had the baby in the early AM (so, about 18 hours after sex).

But I probably had sex every day or every other day..... it might have been coincidence.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• it worked for me!! for awhile we were using protection bc i would have too many braxton hicks and it hurt so bad, so near the end i didnt want to use one bc i heard sperm can trigger contractions. so we did it and the next day i had the bleeding and then the very next morning i went into labor. so like 2 days.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We also tried the sex myth on my due date and still carried two days over due and had to be induced. so different pregnancies different results..
    mommy2one07

Answer by mommy2one07 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I would suggest doing it simply for the fact that it might be quite awhile before you get to do it again. If it happens to put you into labor, then yay!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Never worked for me and we really tried. LOL
    but my friend says thats what worked for her.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well, I took a long walk at the mall and then had sex with my husband. Discovered in the morning I had a leak in my water and had to be induced. I don't know if that counts though cause I didn't actually go into labor.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 12:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• : LilLegs
    LilLe...
    Well, I took a long walk at the mall and then had sex with my husband. Discovered in the morning I had a leak in my water and had to be induced. I don't know if that counts though cause I didn't actually go into labor.
    Select as Best Answer Report this answer

how did you know there was a leak in your water?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There was moisture in between my legs, more than usual. It sounds gross, but I smelled it and it wasn't pee. So I went to the bathroom, wiped and laid down again. It felt almost like a trickle (I don't know how to better describe it) so I called my doctor and had my husband take me to the hospital. They tested me, but didn't believe me cause the test kept coming up neg, but when they did the ultrasound they discovered the fluid was low and my doctor tested me and it came up pos.

If you suspect a leak, go to the bathroom and make sure your bladder is empty. Wipe the area and (gross I know) smell to make sure it isn't pee. If you still aren't sure, lay back down. You will not discover a leak standing or sitting because the baby will block the flow. If you think you have a leak GO IN. The baby needs to be delivered within 24 hours.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 1:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Opps sorry, wipe and smell then empty your bladder :)
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 1:10 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i went up there last night because i felt a trickle the test came up negative though.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2008