Should I get him a small thank you gift?

The janitor at my children's school witnessed a hit & run on my car. He came over to me, gave me his info, and found out the name of the other driver (through her child). I feel like he went above and beyond and I'd like to thank him. Box of candy? Thank you note? What do you think?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 5:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• If he has a lot of kids a gift card at Target. If he is without kids but married a thank you note but hold off on the gift cards.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would after all he did go out of his way to help you, I would do a thank you card and maybe a gift card to starbucks or something
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 5:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would with a gift card. It is nice to hear stories where strangers go above and beyond.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would def give a gift card. Dinner or movie cards are the best way to go. They give that person a chance to enjoy a night out with or without kids
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• First of all ~*BLESS HIM*~ for stepping up and "doing what is right", I personally know what it is like to have a hit and run on my car, have to pay the deductable, and no one steps up when they know who did it! Which made me more willing to not mind my own business when I saw it happen to someone else!!!

You do what you need to and express your gratitude! Happy to hear that someone stepped up when it mattered
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would give a thank you card and a small GC to starbucks or a local restaurant.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you know he likes Starbucks or something like Dunkin Donuts then a gift card is a nice idea. Otherwise maybe the box of candy
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know nothing about him... Just that he is a wonderful man. I think a food, either by way of GC or candy, is the way to go. Thanks ladies =D
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• How about a Gourmet food Gift Basket check out my profile for more info on my store or message me.:-)
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That's a wonderful act of kindness. I gift card would be a nice gesture.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011