What does this mean?

My drs. say I'm 31wks but my uterus measures 34wks is that normal or does it mean that i could be 34wks? I dont know the excact number thats just what they told me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• every opregnancy is diff the baby maybe just bigger but that doesnt change that you are 31 weeks
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• it might mean you just have a little extra fluid

it might mean your baby is just bigger than average

it might mean you are a little farther along than originally thought.

it's normal to be a few cm bigger or smaller than the exact measurement which is 1cm for each week of pregnancy.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• you could be having a big baby or maybe retaining alot of water. i retained a lot of water and measured bigger than i should have
    cryssi_renee

Answer by cryssi_renee at 11:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It could, but the 31 is probably correct, there's a little more research put into that number than just a measurement.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I was like that with my DD. she was a big 9 lb baby. Perfectly round and plump! When she was born at 38 weeks pregnant, people said she didnt even look like a newborn! She looked like she was already 2 months old! lol! My uterus was measuring larger and so was she. I also had alot of fluids!!! I mean alot!, When my water broke in the hospital it was gushing everywhere! So that was why as well. Dont worry about it though. You are just having a healthy baby!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• By the way i was induced because of her size and growth rate. I think I had too many of my husbands protien drinks! lol!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 11:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I always measured bigger with all 3 of mine.
    In my case it was because I had big babies. My first two were 9 pounds and my youngest was 10 pounds. Yea, I know- OUCH!! lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• the baby could be bigger or it could be laying in a position were it is making your uterus measure out this much ive measured out father along alot than ill go back & ill be down to what im suppose to me measuring out at
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 4:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2008