I have a friend who hardly calls me or visits but she insist that we are best friends. How could that be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I thought this was funny, no offense.
    But do you feel that she is your best friend? does she have the qualities that you would consider as a best friend? Then that is your answer. I had a friend that i did hang out with and talk to regularly and she claimed we were best friends and i always felt weird when she said that. But that was her perception of our friendship not mine.
    olivemommy

Answer by olivemommy at 11:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have a friend that claims we are still best friends (we used to be until my brother started dating her sister) and yet when I call her she always says she will call me back and never does. I'm over it but because I have to see her at holidays and get togethers I just play along.
    Anonymous

• I've had females tell ppl that we're "best friends" and I'll hear it from someone and think wow, that's funny I hardly ever see or speak to this person!My definition of a best friend is someone you spend most of your free time with, someone you call,text or e-mail daily and someone who knows pretty much everything about you!I have a best friend and I am 100%myself around her, but I have had a few like I said that gave the bff title who I didn't really even know all that well.Its flattering in a way If you think about it!lol
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree! I've had a fair weather friend for 25 yrs now..she feels we are best friends..guess what?I'm the one that makes the contact, it's never her. One night last yr she called me late and drunk. I asked her if she was drunk, she said "well why else would I call you? of course I'm drunk"!
    I have, in the past given her second chances, now I don't! Her 40th bday was last week..I never called or sent a card, why when she doesn't do the same for me....When I got married 5 yrs ago she called and asked when I was going to ask her to be her maid of honor! I felt pressured to have her be that person, I let her just to keep her waters calm....messed up! yep! but I'm the submissive type..
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2008