Before i take my daugther to the dr...

is having more then 3 bowel movements a day normal? my daughter has at the very least 3 about every day sometimes up to 6. she eats what we eat. she is 15 months old. very healthy otherwise. this just seems like a lot of bm's to me. maybe just tired of changing poopy diapers!

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's about how much my 16 month old poops.  Yeah, it get sucky smelling all of that poop but as long as it's not the runs, lets hold our breath mama, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• if that has always been her "regular" cycle the I wouldn't worry too much
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• this came and went with my kid
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have 3-4 myself. I have read many places that if your bowels are functioning properly you should have a bowel movement about 30-75 minutes after you eat each large meal. As long as it is not loose stools then I think it is fine, but I would mention it to the doc and see what they say too. Both my kids did and still do at the age of 5 and 3 years have at least 2 a day.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011