Need advice on breast pumps

HI mamas, I am 36 weeks pregnant with ym 3rd girl and am looking for a breastpump and need some opinions and suggestions. With my first daughter I used the avent manual(fine bc I only used once in awhile) with my second daughter I used an evenflo electric single breast pump(HATED IT.....so noisy and would not recommend) SO now I am having number 3 and need to purchase a new one. I am looking for something that is not overly expensive, is quieter and is electric. ANY IDEAS MAMAS>.....NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 5:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried a few when my daughter was born but ultimately ended up renting one from the hospital and I was so glad I did - it worked so well and I just returned it when I was done.
    Anonymous

• how pricey was it to rent though??
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I used medela pump in style. Loved it!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I brought the Medela Freestyle for like $175 from Target. I love it.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yep, medela
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sorry, Momma. Medela isn't cheap, but it really is the ONLY way to go if you're going to pump a lot. I'm a lactation consultant, and I've really just never seen any other pump come close.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had a pump in style and loved it. I could go hands free when I did and it was fairly quiet. I also recommend getting a cheap sports bra and cutting holes in it to fit your flanges through and it holds them in place and compresses at the same time. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I loved my Medela Freestyle. Try ebay for a used Medela and then just buy new horns and tubing. The really expensive part is the actual motor. I offered mine on craigslist when done using it and a local mama got herself a 1 year old Medela Freestyle for $30 and then only had to buy new horns and tubing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I love my lansinoh double electric. it's half the price f the madela. It works great
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I got my medela double pump on ebay for 80 dollars after shipping. It worked perfectly. I did replace all the parts that touched my body or the milk. That was another 20 or so.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011