Hmmm...

What does it mean when a man says "wish I could do more." (in reference to you having a bad day and somewhat telling him about it)...

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 5:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• My thoughts.

Most men feel (for lack of a better term) helpless when the woman they love is experiencing hardships/problems that they can not actually fix for them. Men feel the need to hands on fix problems, especially for those they love. To most, just being a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen to isn't really "helping" or "fixing" the problem for their partner. So, they "wish they could do more"..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it depends on the guy - some men just don't know how to respond to a woman's bad day
    lc315

Answer by lc315 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it's hard for a man to relate to woman's worries/concerns. He can't offer any advice or console you in anyway if he can't relate. So that's when they say the line, "I wish I could do more."
    denanay80

Answer by denanay80 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• that sometimes they just don't have a way to help you with whatever you issue is or how you felt about it. i certainly wouldn't find that hard to understand but thats just me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011