My 10 yearold DD is acting odd

She got up this morning was quiet. asked her if she felt ok she said yes. then she eats breakfast at school. i found out from the counselor she did not eat:(. then we took her to be tested for autism. she was quiet all the way there which she usually is talkative. she did not want lunch we had to make her eat and she only ate 2 nuggets and her fries barely drank. asked her if her throat hurt as her sister had strep last week she said no. asked about her tummy she said it was ok.
she finished the nuggets later after grandma asked her to eat and a small piece of cake that was leftover from her birthday. she crammed it in her mouth refused to eat the whipped topping and laid down and is now asleep. she said she is not sick. i cannot remember did anyone get really tired or anything before their first period? we are trying to figure out if this is what is going on or if she is getting ill. i told her if she feels like this later tonight or in the morning she needs to tell me. so i can take her to the doctor.Need to make it clear she was not worried about the test for Autism. and she is still down:( going to go back and check on my little girl

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• ~*Awe*~... poor baby, I would think she feels icky? Probably just doesn't want you to fuss over her...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Have you checked to see if she has a fever? It could be an ear infection, or a tummy thing. Alot of times kids dont even know they are not feeling well. Also, mono could attest for the lack of appetite and low energy. I had mono in high school, I lost 14 lbs in a few days, I felt ok, just was sleepy and didnt have an appetite and I had a blue attitude :) Good luck, def take her to the doc if she doesnt start acting normAL BY TOMORROW.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Jazz the her cousin was not tested early either. and guess what they found his at 13. She is showing signs of it not all show clear signs by three years old hun. believe me. i was chalking things up to age not something being wrong. she went to bed around 730 and fell asleep. she got up today and she was good, was ready to eat , to get on bus and go to school.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Maybe it's not about her being worried about the test for Autism, but that she was actually tested for Autism. It could be that she felt you were calling her something that she isn't by testing her for a mental disorder. Which could've stirred up a lot of different emotions. She's 10 years old and you're just now testing for Autism, that leads me to believe that she isn't autistic. That generally is detected within the first 3 years.

The only thing that you can do is talk to her. We can throw around reasons all day, but none of us are going to be able to give you the right answer. She's 10 years old and should be able to tell you what's wrong. Talk to her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011