Awful Pain...

I am having this horrible, sharp pain in my lower abdomen and pelvic area. It makes me almost immobile! I am 17 weeks pregnant. No blood...just pain :( What could this be??

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 5:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had pains like that during both my pregnancies. The doctors told me it was the muscles and tendons stretching to make room for the growing uterus. If it continues, I would definitely go to the doctor to ensure everything is ok! Good Luck!
    denanay80

Answer by denanay80 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had them about a week or so ago and I was just ask scared. They are like cramps but worse.. well I ready in a book its just ligaments growing.. my sister just calls them Growing pains.. but I would rec getting the book What to expect when your Expecting. It explained it in there and it made me feel so much better to know there was nothing wrong. Read the book it will help and explain a lot!!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Is it an achy pain or does it feel like you would during your period?
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• it doesnt feel achy or like a period. Its quick, sharp stabbing kinds of pains. I havent felt them for couple of hours, so that is a little relieving. They would happen for about 10 sec, go away then come back every few min.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm 31 weeks and experiencing the same problem. Have you gotten it figured out??
    ARast

Answer by ARast at 7:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011