Is it ok to nurse while taking Ciprofloxacin? The pharmacy said it was ok but Im still nervous and have started having blood in my urine, i was on Augumentin for a week before just cant kick this UTI

wendy561

Asked by wendy561 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES!! I was on cipro several times for each pregnancy and after having the babies...Take it . It won't harm the baby and will help you to start to get healthy. I actually didn't take my meds one time and it made me very sick. Blood in urine,throwing up,chills high fever...I was hospitalized for that. If you have any of those symptoms you need to go in either to the ER or go see your doctor tomorrow. Take the meds and since you indicated the blood in the urine. Visible blood,,,Get to the doctors. You risk the chance of either a kidney infection or your body beocming septic where your kidneys could shut down. I hope you feel better SOON!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 11:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I was told not to by my OB
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 12:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• you can look it up at kellymom, http://kellymom.com/health/meds/aap-approved-meds.html
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If your doctor wrote for it an knows you breastfeed... and the pharmacy also said it's safe (they have a book that says if drugs are safe for pregnancy/breastfeeding they look things up in) then it should be just fine.
    No matter what you NEED to take the antibiotic or you'll end up in the hospital with a kidney infection. And remember to FINISH the antibiotic, even when you feel better (sorry, that's the nurse in me coming out)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would definitely consult a doctor but I take Cranberry pills and Acidopholus when I think I am getting a UTI or my kidneys hurt. For a while. I was taking them every day and I never got another UTI while I was taking them. You can get these at WalMart, Walgreens. local health food store, etc. They are natural.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 3:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thank you Ladies I am takinng the Cipro and feeling better, not sure why I have the blood but I will watch it
    wendy561

Answer by wendy561 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008