why does my 10 month old daughter prefer my husband and not me?

My husband and I do most things the same way- but our daughter always wants him! If she is tired she wants him to put her to bed, if she wants to play, she wants to play with him. I watch and try to figure it out but I can't. It's really starting to hurt my feelings. I know she loves me, but she might not like me- and I'm her Mommy!

ophiesmom

Asked by ophiesmom at 11:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh no she loves you!!! My daughter was just like that, for the first year and 1/2 . Now she prefers me! lol! just a daddy's girl! Dont let it hurt your feelings. I would take tons and tons of pics of them playing and snuggling and I would just melt when i look at those time after time. It was the sweetest thing to see my husband step in and be my daughters daddy! A little girl really needs that in her life. Let them bond and you too will have that time later. Now all my daughter wants is me so its my DH who gets all sad! lol! You will see Mama!
    Anonymous

• My daughter keeps switching....for a month or two she wanted daddy, now it's me...i think it's just little phases
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's a phase.
    I know it bothers you, as it does every mom who goes through it.
    However - it means you have a man who has really done a good job bonding with your baby. Congrats!
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My 2nd son was like that too for awhile then one day he just wanted mommy. He is a big mommas boy right now and I'm loving it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• does she see u more and do u do most of things for her? it mayu be she sees u all the time,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• She'll go back and forth throughout her life with her preferences, right now she's just in a daddy phase.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 9:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008