Killing someone who is going to kill you... Oooooo this stuff boils my blood.

Dh has me watching this show he loves called SWAT.

Anyway on the show, the VICTIM shoots and kills the ROBBER thats in his home.
The VICTIM gets time.

WTF?!?!

And the cop on the show say, "Thats what you get for taking the law into your own hands."

QUE?

Am I missing something here? Sooooo the VICTIM was supposed to let the ROBBER come into his home, rob him, possibly kill him. I say possibly because there is no way to know either way.

Why is it wrong to defend ones self? That man (the victim) should have been well within his rights to defend his home. So what? Someone breaks into my home and I should cower in the bathroom and hope that the police will arrive before any harm comes to me or my family. Or while we lose all that we have worked so hard for??

Nah, not here. Give me time, i don't care. You better believe if someone decides to rob my home i will defend myself in anyway that I must.

How do you ladies feel? Should our VICTIM receive time for defending his home?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 6:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What if the robber was unarmed? You're about to kill someone over a tv? i say,take whatever you want,i have insurance!
    I agree with the idea of shooting to injure,not kill if you must.

What, are you going to ask him if he's armed before shooting? And how do you know he isn't planning on killing you and THEN taking the TV or whatever? And if you point a gun at someone you better damn well be prepared to kill them. Shooting to injure is what gets the homeowner killed. If someone unknown to me is in my house uninvited my husband will shoot first and ask questions later. He does have a concealed carry permit also.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Shooting to injure can get you killed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It is pretty much legal to shoot an intruder in your home in any state.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It depends on the castle laws in the state.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• There are some states that it is legal or not to defend yourself to the point of murder, and whether it's inside of your home, and outside of your home. We used to joke (family member works for the police) when i lived in that state, if someone is going to break into your home, make sure when you shoot, they fall INTO your house!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 6:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Reminds me of that poor guy near Chicago - they robbed his house, came back to rob him again and steal the car after they figured he would've replaced what they stole. He greeted them with a gun, and HE was arrested for violating the town's gun possession laws (iirc that law eventually got struck down thanks to his case, but in the meantime he was facing criminal charges just for protecting himself the 2nd time around).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Liberal Entertainment meet Liberal Ideology...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Laugh*~... if you break into my home, expect toget shot... love our laws! you'r "in" my home I have the right
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Warped huh? But it's not the first time we have heard that. It's even more incredible when the one who breaks in is an
    illegal alien.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with you. I don't think he should have gotten time. If someone breaks into my home, I will defend my family and my home. It is so stupid that the victim gets time for defending himself. When my parents were divorcing and my dad was being threatening, the cop told her that if he came to the house and was threatening and mom had to use deadly force(we have guns), if he fell out of the house, to drag him back inside before calling the cops, because then it is defending yourself and property. Luckily, I live in a state where pretty much every house has at least one rifle, and usually more. In the small towns, houses don't usually get broken into because the criminals don't know who has guns and who doesn't! :-)
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011