What were your labor contractions like?

With DD#1 they started at around 5:30am and they felt like a menstrual cramp mixed with a gas cramp. It was uncomfortable but absolutely bearable. The were 3 min apart from the get-go and finally got to where I had to clutch something in anticipation of how strong they *might* get around 1pm, when we finally left for the hospital. But I could still talk through them.
I'm 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with DD#2 and haven't felt a BH contraction yet. Today since about 6 or 7am I've been feeling menstrual-like cramps on & off, and finally I started timing them around 11am. A lot of times they were around 5 min apart for awhile, then it would stop for 30-45 min or so. Then it would start up again. I've been taking it easy today & still felt them, although I haven't felt anything in about 2 hrs now. *whew*!
I called the doc and she said if they're 5 min apart for an hour then go to L&D. I don't know that that's necessary since they keep taking little "breaks". My 39 week appt is tomorrow & I think I'm gonna wait it out.
But what do you think? Were your labor contractions the same? Is baby #2 coming sooner than I think?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was induced with both my girls. With DD#1 I only felt them for about an hour then got an epidural. It felt like some major cramps with breaks in between. With DD#2 I didn't feel any at all. I was induced and given an epidural right away 2 hours later my daughter was born.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• With my dd I started have contractions the day after Thanksgiving they were 20 min apart. They just annoyed me. This went on until Sunday night(they never let up) that night they were 10 minutes apart they still annoyed me but I just went through it. Those contractions lasted until Tuesday afternoon. Then they went to 5 min apart. They never hurted it just annoyed me. my ds on the other hand was terrible. My contractions were 10 minutes apart that Friday night they hurt lie hell. I went to the hosptial 3 times to only be sent back home. By saturday night I had punched a hole in the wall I was in so much pain( was 3 minutes apart by tghen), they finally admitted me that night. I actually pulled my IV out I was hurting so bad the nurse asked me what I was doing I told her I had to get the hell up out of there lol. Good Luck Momma! You almost there. Hope I didn't scare you.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I was induced with my DD which meant they used pitocin.that stuff made my contractions a thousand times worse than what i though they would be like.
    iwanabemomie

Answer by iwanabemomie at 7:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had BAD Back labor my contractins literally never came down it was painful, i was in labor for 20 hours.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• they hurted like hell my booty hole was hurtin so bad i wanted to run out the hospital i hate labor pains
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011