can you asked to be induced at 40 weeks?

i want to know because i dont want to carry her longer than her time.im already not happy

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 11:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DEFINITLY!!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yea Askaway! My doctor pulled strings for us to go in and be induced after we asked. We were induced that week. so yes ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• ya you should be able to honey
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You can always ask. Will he? You won't know if you don't ask.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• By the time I was induced for my daughter, I had begged at every office visit...eventually he said yes 3 days before my due date. Never hurts to ask I suppose.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes it won't hurt to ask. I asked when I was forty weeks but they told me they don't induce until forty one weeks but it's different everywhere else so go for it. They won't let you go pass forty one weeks cuz that is when the baby starts to lose weight generally.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• can they actually tell you no and make you stay pregnant even if your considered full term and are no longer happy?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes they can some drs dont belive in doing it unless it is nesscsary (SP?)
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm sure she would also like to finally be able to see her baby too I know I couldn't wait. I always thought this q & a stuff was for advice not criticism. And yes the doctors can make you wait they were gonna make me wait longer even but my husband started his paternity leave so we got them to induce me.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• its not that i dont love this baby and i want to see her its just i even had a doctor yell at me for asking him questions about what he told me at a visit we had before and there for a while i was hearing different things every time i went in to see the doctors and im just not happy any more i honestly dont know what to do about any thing any more and i cry all the time now because of all this.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2008