If you never met one of your parents(or another family member) and you searched for them as an adult..how did it turn out for you?

I found my bio father.Through him, I met a sister I never knew I had along with 2 nephews and a niece! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I met my dad and three sisters when I was 16,.then didn't see them again until three years ago. It's been interesting. It's hard to hear about their upbringing by my alcoholic dad. It's hard to see dad clean and sober, and just not have the heart to tell him what he did while drunk.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not to well with me. My mom neglected to tell me, not that she knew I was looking for him, I kept it a secret, that he molested me and I guess I 'regressed' that memory or thats what my doc said. I was only staying with him for about 6 months when I started having these night terrors about it. I thought it was just because I left home. Anyway I do wish u the best of luck, and not al visits are like mine, and think about all the things he can tell u about your mom and what not!! Well good luck!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I found my father and 5 siblings. I have only talked to my father 1 time in the 10 years that I have known where he is and I am ok with that. I am most thankful that me and one of my brothers are really close now. Good luck :) It can be a very emotional road!
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Haven't been able to find them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011