Has anyone ever tried arancini with regular brown rice, not risotto? How did it turn out?

Although I make a great risotto, I didn't think I needed to for arancini. Now I have a big batch of cooked brown rice and nothing to do with it.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't know how well it would stick together. I also don't know if it would have the right "toothsome" quality that you'd get from the risotto. You might have to add extra binders to make it stick together. You could make fried rice with the extra brown rice. Or, what we do with our extra brown rice is to freeze it! We keep it in glass jars and microwave it as needed.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I decided to toss some onion, peppers, and black bean and corn salsa to make it into spanish rice. Sauteing up some broccoli, cauliflower, and peas as a side dish. Like you, I don't think the insides would be the right consistency without using risotto so I'll do the arancini another day.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011