Ok...so I stay at home with my 2 1/2 year old daughter...

we HAVE to get out of the house in the morning and during the day and have a nice little routine. My husband works insane hours running a restaurant. when he works nights, he's home all day...which basically means he wants to sit around and "relax"...Im not trying to be selfish, but when he is home, shouldn't I be entitled to some ME time?? such as shaving my legs or something?? I mean, I know he works hard but so do I!!!! I think I like it better when he works during the day, so I can stay on my routine and then see him in the evening when DD has calmed down and happy to see him...is there something wrong with the fact that I don't like when he's here during the day???

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 7:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• i dont like it when my dh is home during the day either. it throws off my whole routine. i know what your saying
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know that my day gets thrown off when DH is home. Like today, I had the whole day planned in my head, then he tells me he has off. I did get some stuff done but nothing like I had planned. I love him. I'm just used to having my days to myself (the kids are school age and tween/teen.)

Sometimes I know why older women go insane when their DH's retire.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yeah I hear you. DH always wants to "play" and disrupts the schedule - which especially sucks on weekdays when I homeschool.
    Anonymous

• No there is nothing wrong with that. I have been a SAHM for 9 years and when I first started staying home it was much easier if my DH worked instead of being home. It took time and lots of talking to find the right balance. even now there are days when I sometimes wish he was at work instead of working from home. It throws your days off and I understand wanting the me time.

As I said I think you should just talk to him and let him know that if he is going to be home you would like 1 hour to yourself. Something like that because if you don't work it out now it could get worse. Then you might find that it is just easier to always be with just you and the kids. I know this happened to me, DH and I started fighting when we were together and it became a problem. After we talked and straightened things out it has been great. NOw we work together and understand each other much more.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I tend to bug my husband on his only 2 off days with "let's go to the mall, let's do this or do that." We are newlyweds and have a 7 month old and I want to show off my new family. But he works hard, at a physical job so I let him have his rest most of the time when he's off.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with you. If he's home, regardless of the hours that he has worked you deserve some time for yourself. Meaning he takes care of the child. When it comes to children it doesn't matter who works and who doesn't. There should always be a trade off, so that one parent isn't getting the brunt of the work.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have this problem with my father at the moment, he's taken to coming around whenever he has time off work and he's making me want to hit him! You're not bad at all, but yes I think you should definitely be entitled to some me time and your daughter should be entitled to some daddy time!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i agree with you...even if its just an hour and you still wont mess up a sleep schedule if he has one...my dad plows and salts in the winter timw (i live in PA) and when we were lil he would spend at least an hour with each of us (4 girls) and then we would let him sleep and want not...your not asking him do give up his whole "relaxing" time...
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011