Diabetes?

Other than all regular things to do like no sugars,exercise,etc. is there anything else to do to keep sugar in check?

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 7:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• The thing about avoiding sugar is basically a myth. . Table sugars do not raise your blood sugar any more than similar amounts of calories from starches that u eat everyday. Just make sure u don't eat alot of it. Pay attn to the labels. Did your doc give u the amount of carbs u r allowed to have per meal? Is your diabeties in control?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• do u have type 1 or 2? My DH has type 2, and has had it for about 5 yrs now, so I do got some good tips for u.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Type 2 and I had mine for 4yrs. Tks.
    pswiley

Comment by pswiley (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No I have to go to a low income clinic ( I'm thankful for) but, my doc I guess assumes I have all my info. No, it's not but, partly my own fault cause I cheat some with my foods. Its so hard but, I know I've got to do better.
    pswiley

Comment by pswiley (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yup, that u do. Do know about all the very very nasty side effects of uncontrolled blood sugar? My DH mom passed away from diabeties complications.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011