What do you think about schools that have uniforms...

My DD's school is having meetings telling the parents that uniforms are best.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 7:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• They are, teens don't compete to dress up with their peers, you don't have to think about what to wear, and two or three sets will do the trick for the entire year, can't beat that!

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it eliminates a lot of jealousy and comparing of each other's clothes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think it's a good idea.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My child wears a uniform to school. It's a great thing!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think uniforms are okay, but I don't like when they also make them follow ridiculous rules about hair, etc.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I like the idea of uniforms...We do not have them but wish we did!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I went to high school and wore a uniform. I was one of the shy dorky kids that got kind of ignored. It helped me "blend in" and feel more secure.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I had to wear a uniform at my tech school and it was so much easier to get ready in the AM! I wished they had uniforms in my HS my son will be going to a private school next year for kindergarten and the kids at that school love to wear uniforms! I do think they should be able to wear their hair however they would like...there is this one lil girl who always wears crazy sock when she wears a skirt that way they can have some personal touches!!!
    pebbles425

Answer by pebbles425 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think they're TERRIFIC. My son goes to private school and I am very sad they don't have uniforms. There's a VERY strict dressy dress code however.

I went to private school in kindergarten only (I got kicked out!!!!) and I remember enjoying the uniforms.... everyone was equal
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I wished that I had gone to a school with uniforms. I went to school with a bunch of spoiled, mean girls that got to buy their clothes at the most expensive stores and they bragged about it all the time. I always felt so inferior and of course they weren't friends with me based solely on where my clothes came from. I hated it so much...I still remember how bad I used to feel. I work at an elementary school now and just last week I had a little boy come to me all upset b/c the other kids were making fun of the jersey he was wearing...see, it was a knock off from wal mart and the other kids were telling him it wasn't real b/c it didn't have the NFL logo on it. He was SO upset...his mother got it for him for Christmas and he had been so excited about it! I wanted to cry for him. I made sure to let him know that it was indeed real and that he should not pay any attention to those kids. I wish we had uniforms in that school!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011