all i want for christmas

so...my dh and i went out to dinner to night and we made our christmas lists. i open the list that my dh gave me and all it says is Baby!!!! i know, it's sweet and all but the press is going to kill me....we've been ttc for 4 years and have had 4 miscarriages....i have my right tube removed 3 months ago...which cut our chances in half and i feel horrible because that's all he wants and me too but i'm scared that if we don't get pg then he will disappointed. of coarse i would be too. but him saying all i want for christmas is baby just adds more pressure to an already highly pressure situation...if anyone has any advice on to handle the extra stress plz answer back...

longing2beamoth

Asked by longing2beamoth at 11:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry I can't offer any advice.
    But I do hope and pray that your wishes come true- whether it's for Christmas or later in the year.
    Good luck and best wishes!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Not sure if I have advice but I understand wanting a baby but I never had a miscarriage. I tried 10 months for my 5 yr old and was disappointed at times. I have no experience in your situation but to any couple trying to conceive there is added pressure. My best advice is stop trying just enjoy each other but don't stop it from happening. I mean have more fun together and just maybe as you forget about it so much it might happen. I took my sister in law 3 yrs. Just as she gave all her baby things away and stopped trying her and her hubby were having fun and got pregnant. I know it doesn't always work.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Maybe you could talk to your sweetie and tell him it's too much pressure. I'm ot doctor or anthing, but I would think that stress might interfere with something like getting pregnant. Stress does a lot of weird things to your body. Tell him to make a new list and enjoy the holidays. He is suppossed to be supportive - putting pressure on you is not supportive! Tell him that!
    Seesagirl

Answer by Seesagirl at 10:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I don't know. I understand that you feel pressure, but I doubt he meant it that way. I think it's kind of sweet. I'm sure he knows that it's not your fault. Try to think of it as he wants to create something with you that symbolizes your love. Definitely talk to him and let him know what you're feeling.
    russej1

Answer by russej1 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008