stinky sponges

after a couple of washes with the sponge why do they start to smell bad i go through 6 or more a month is it food residue still on it or what? i let it dry out but still has a funk to it any ideas? i was them out really good every time i do dishes just irritated!

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• throw them in the washing machine and make sure they dry all the way thru in the dryer......does wonders!
    JadeAndKerasMom

Answer by JadeAndKerasMom at 12:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i just use dishrags to wash my dishes. sponges have so much bacteria it's like you didn't even wash them at all. what's the point in washing a dish (especially one you're going to eat out of) with a dirty sponge? i can't even use the same dishrag for two dish washings. i get a clean on each time.

Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I use dishrags too. I could never stand sponges because I would want to throw them away after one use. I have a drawer full of dishrags and just throw them in the laundry every time I use one.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008