HOW DO I MAKE MY DAUGHTER GO TO SLEEP???

She will not go to sleep even though she can barely hold her eyes open I have tried everything I could think of I am getting REALLY frustrated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter always fell asleep 1 of three ways:
    1. I would cradle her belly down on my forearm and bounce and walk around the house.
    2. She would sometime fall asleep in her swing.
    3. If everything fails....Car Ride!! I would let her sleep in her carseat as long as she liked to.
    Good luck! :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:14 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Just sit down in the dark with her and relax. Every time I found myself in this situation with my daughter it was usually because I was trying too hard. She would always fall asleep when I finally stopped trying. Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• 1. Classical music has not failed me so far. I think the CD I have is Night night Classics from Baby Genius.

2. Another thing is rocking I don't think I know of a time where rocking hasn't worked. If you don't have a rocking chair, hold her tight to her chest and rock your body back and forth.

3. Bouncy seat on top of the drier. I personally haven't tried this, but some swear by it.

4. Put her in a body carrier and vacuum. The rhythmic movement of vacuuming, plus the noise should knock her out.

5. Rubbing the back or patting the butt.

Main thing is that you need to relax. Babies can sense tension.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 12:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We still swaddle our guy and he likes it really tight so he can't get his arms out... if he gets them out he wakes himself up. Then we turn on his crib toy and he goes right to sleep.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Get the book, The no-cry sleep solution! Good Luck!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 12:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree. If you can ever get them still, quiet, and almost dark, sleep will win.
    Make sure they are warm, not hungry, thirsty, etc.

Hold them close. Hum a quiet, gentle, soft tune. Close your own eyes for a few seconds. Relax. Relax, relax...
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Try the book On Becoming Babywise.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• babies love sound and motion. We used to put a blanket on our clothes dryer, start it and lay our son on it. We would stand by and supervise him , of course. The combination of the gentle vibration and the noise would lull him to sleep. Then we would move him to his crib.

Also a radio set to a station without music, you know, white noise. That helped.
    paxsonsmom

Answer by paxsonsmom at 1:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Try the Magic sleepsuit, its like a swaddle blanket and sleep sack all in one.
    Anonymous