Lisa Middleton... I'm calling you out!! (Don't know what category this falls into. Hope I got it right)

I apologize if your name REALLY is Lisa Middleton LoL

I just received yet ANOTHER phone call from the fake Lisa Middleton. The message she leaves is ALWAYS the same. Prompting me to believe it is pre-recorded.

"Hi it's Lisa Middleton I'm calling you back about what we talked about last week. (I didn't talk to her or anyone else last week and no company was identified) I found a solution to your credit card interest rate(don't own any credit cards), we could get that interes rate as low as 1.5% by cutting your payments in half. This will be last courtesy call, so please gimme a ring today if you can reach me here at 1(877) 723-1426 again. That number is 1-877-723-1426. Thanks."

I have no idea what the heck is going on. Just woke dh up and asked him if he had any credit cards floating around i dont know about lol.

What is this?
Anyone else get this phone call?

BTW I just called back and someone DID answer. When I told the lady I have no credit cards and I wanted to speak to a manager, she laughed and said, "whatever lady". Then hung up.

??

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 8:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• It's definitely a scam! I get things in the mail from our banks sometimes telling everyone that there is a scam going around and DO NOT call any numbers and give your CC info. DON"T DO IT!!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i wouldve kept calling back, just to annoy her the way theyre annoying you.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• @ alyssamal

I would NEVER give our info out. Thank goodness I know better. LoL
    I really just want to know what the heck thats all about.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Some people are just crazy! Well, I guess really they aren't because there are people that actually give that info. :-/
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I called the number and mentioned the name and said that they had called my house. They apologized and said that they were with several credit bureaus.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• @ idaspida

Not what they did here LoL. I'm still a little T'd off that lady hung up in my face.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Google the phone number. There are sites where you can post and read what others have said about a phone number they have received a call from.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I googled it and came up with this info below. There is also other links saying a person by the name Alicia Middleton called. I wouldn't pay any mind to it and definitely don't give any of your personal info out over the phone unless you called the company you use yourself.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/8777231426

SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 1:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011