I have a 3 year old daughter who will not use the potty

shes runs away every time she poops and lies when i ask her if she pooped
we have tried bribing her with stuff, the chart with stickers and candy, nothing works
please help

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i told my son one day (about 4 months ago) "im throwing away your diapers, if you potty on yourself then youll be yucky and uncomfy"
    he didnt believe me, i guess, but i showed him i threw them out. . . I bought 50 pairs of undies and day 3 he decided he didnt like being out of clothes, he didnt like not beign able to go outside and play, and he didnt like having to clean up his messes on the floor. . . Day 4, 1 accident, but the rest in the toilet. .. . he still has accidents in his sleep about once a week, but hes potty trained now.
    Lucky2BaMomof2

Answer by Lucky2BaMomof2 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i have the same problem with my daughter she will not use the toilet, or tell me that she needs to use the potty.
    emmasmommy442

Answer by emmasmommy442 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• bump
    emmasmommy442

• Im not to the potty training stage yet, but here is a bump for you!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• sounds like she's not ready. Why not just give her more time?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• my soon to be 3 yr old was being stubborn we have started and stopped and were on a break when she decided to start going and I just went with it....Not sure if I helped at all but evertime she pee or pooped and she hates to be in it I would be like see be better to use the potty....

If you or her is frustrated take a break....also my oldest was extremely hard but with him we took diapers away and let him feel wetness and poop andat first he did not care but within a few weeks he got pee down. GOOD luck its not easy!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I just took the diaper and pull ups away. I made my daughter go without just so she knew she had to get to the toilet. She did great after I took the pull ups away. I did however use them when we went out for the day.
    chelseah

Answer by chelseah at 9:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• OMG, my son did the SAME thing, I wouldnt get mad at him when he had an accident, I would just say, next time we should try to use the potty, so the poopy can say hi to its mommy, after a while it worked but he was almost 4 b4 it happend, dont worry. it will come, just takes time
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 12:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011