Level 2 ultrasound

Has anyone had one of these level 2 ultra sounds if so could you please tell me what it is like. I have an appointment for one in the morning.

Thanks
Tina

julymom71111

Asked by julymom71111 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is that a 3D ultrasound i never heard of a level 2 ultrasound .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No it's not a 3D ultrasound. Level 2 ultrasound is where they check the baby's heart, lungs, spinal cord, and do measurments on the fetal parts.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's basically just checking to make sure baby's development is on track. It doesn't require anything special, other than a bit more time.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Its the docs way of making sure things are going as they should and that there are no developmental problems especially if your high risk. I had one last month and I go for another on valentines day. Hopefully Ill get to find out what im having lol.
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That is the ultrasound that tells you the sex of the baby. it checks the anatomy of the baby.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• its a full body scan
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 9:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011