Is it possible..........

to disiplane a child you nanny for 3 days a week and make them mind when the parents let them get away with the same things?? I keep 2 kids one of them hits the mother in the face and she does nothing I WILL NOT let a child hit me. I don't put my hands on the child but she will be told not to do it or sit in time out. Just wondering if it is possible for them to listen and obey me if they treat their mom the same way and she does nothing. I know it would work if I had them like 5 days a week but being as it is only 3 days a week will they still know they cant treat me like this?? the kids are 22 months and 4.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes you just have to be consistent and follow through and they will see that you don't allow things that their parents allow! Who knows maybe you can get some control and then the parents will take note and follow suit!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes. Kids learn quickly that there are different rules for different people.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011