What would you think of a sitter who asked if she could lock the door and leave your kids, if you were on your way home?

I was shocked! I was under the impression we had until 1130 at night to get home. We did get back by 1120. Anyway, while we were driving home I got the text asking if she could just leave and lock the door!!! It's not like she couldn't have stayed the night here. She has a baby! How would she feel if someone wanted to do this to her kids? WTF? I'm pissed, but I'm wondering if it isn't pure ignorance on her part seeing as she's young with a new baby. My kids did like her and they had fun with her, thank God. But still indeed pissed. If she had done so I would have called the cops on her for sure. Not cool. But I let her know that was unacceptable. She said she wouldn't have done it unless I said it was okay. I don't think I will be using her to babysit anymore. It just bothers me that she is a mom and even considered it.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow i agree what was she thinking unless your babies were like15! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Wow!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I hope you told her that you were not using her anymore. I would also consider paying her less than agreed.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• She would NEVER sit for me again that's for sure!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I honestly would never have her babysit for me again. I can not believe she even asked you if she could do that! That would definitely bother me as well! WOW!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• WOW! Unbelievable- i can't even believe that she would ask you that! i definitely would not use her again!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My kids are 2,3, and 5!!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It boggles the imagination. She would be permanently OFF my sitters list.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• YOUR FIRED! I don't care how young you are you should know thats NOT OK.......i have babysat sinceI was 13 and even back then knew thats not ok! Times today are different so even more not OK!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would wonder if she had done that while you were at work. A new babysitter search would be on my list of things to do.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011