Do you agree with me or him?

My husband will continue doing the same stupid thing over and over. Say for instance he lies about everything. Then he gets mad at ME for getting mad because i'm sick of being lied to and I want the comfort of knowing my husband is telling the truth. I tell him if he doesn't want me mad at him then don't do it and I will have no reason to get mad. He does NOT comprehend that and he still complains and says I shouldn't get mad. It gets old. I've been dealing with crap like this for 3 years almost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• What happened exactly, im curious to know what your talking about. please share.
    olivemommy

Answer by olivemommy at 12:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• eh...based on this i'd have to agree with you...ofcourse anyone would get mad if you lied to them!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i agree with you only because i know what you mean because my dh is the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My dh does the same thing only my husband is a hot head. He blows up at me for something insignificant, then tells me off. It doesn't take him long before he is over it and he's amazed that I'm now mad at him. I have no problem with him telling me how he feels, but name calling and such just isn't warrented. This has been the same argument we have had for 12 years and he just doesn't get it. I don't think he ever will!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Lying is NEVER right.

Here's the real question: Why are you putting up with it? How can you be certain he has EVER told you the truth?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• He understands perfectly well. He is just not going to accept the consequences of his own behavior. He is who he is, and you can't change him. The best thing you can do is to not believe anything he tells you. And you may as well stop confronting him about his lies. Maybe then he will tell you the truth.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2008