So what's the hurry with Potty training?

I see so many posts about how to get your kid to potty train when it's pretty obvious the kid wants nothing to do with it.

seriously, whoever heard of a person going to college in diapers? they'll get it eventually.

seems like the drama of trying to force them into something they aren't willing to do would be worse then dealing with the diapers.

so what is the need to rush kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• why post anon?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My husband's cousin was trained 2 weeks before he started kindergarten and his mom had that attitude. Sometimes there are things you just haveto encourage harder

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well, I know that certain daycares and even preschools require your child to be potty trained at age 3(Correct me if Im wrong, just going off of the past daycares I have been employed at.)
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• op- 'why go anon? ' because I felt like it. I'm in a bad mood and feel like saying whatever I want, I think that's what anon is for and I am free to use it as I wish.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• The only reason to push is if you have to put them in daycare and that daycare requires your child to be potty trained. Most want them trained by 3.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Didn't you here on cafemom all kids are trained by 2?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree that the child should set the pace, BUT there should be an age goal provided the child doesn't have any physical or mental disabilities. (3)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Youre in a bad mood which is why you are posting this question. It has nothing to do with you, doesnt hurt you, you dont know the family or if the kid even seems ready or not. get out of your bad mood.
    Anonymous

• A lot of people don't know how to read their kids and when they're ready to start training. As well, sometimes the children are just plain stubborn and it has nothing to do with them not wanting to at all. It is very possible for a child to be near kindergarten and still not want to learn to potty train. It's important to get them interested in it, so when they are "ready" they will know what to expect. A lot of parents are tired of diapers, I mean who isn't? However, it's not so much about that, but about getting the right information to try and make a go of it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Because, only in the US, are kids learning potty training around 3 or 4. In a lot of countries around the world, children are trained long before that. And 2 used to be the norm, until one research study said that MAYBE kids might not be physically able to before then. I think it's BS. Why are only American kids potty training way behind other countries? Because, we just want an excuse for our inadequacies as parents. My kid cant do that.. They must have some kind of problem.... Instead of just trying again.
    And I decided to post anon because i wanted to be bitchy too. LoL grrrr... Hahaha
    Anonymous