How much is a good amount to put aside for a month long vaca in fl and going to the parks?

by the way it's 6 of us ages 15,11,9,2 myself and husband and we are staying in my inlaws house and we are driving from ny to clermont fl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Travel

• Depends on what parks you want to go to. Disney is around $90 per person. You can get some passes that will allow you to go to more than one park and that will save you some money. I think Universal and MGM are the same way. You can get multi-park passes. Are you going to be buying souvenirs?  If so you will need extra money for that.  Most stuff at the parks is at least $10 if not more.  Plan on money for food as well.  I would say for a day at the park between $15-30/person.  Just depends on where you eat and how many snacks you get.  Sorry I can't give you a concrete number but there are a lot of factors involved.  I would go to the park websites and check out ticket pricing and look for special deals. 

kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would say a few thousand. Even though you're staying with your In-laws you'll have to factor in the trip. Then the cover charge per person, per park, per day. The trip alone is going to cost you a good 3,000 dollars if not more. Depending on your car, the places you stay along the way, food, maitenence before you leave, etc. I would say a good five thousand dollars would be a minimum to save up for the trip.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would say a minimum of $5000. It's going to cost you more than $600 per day for each day that all 6 of you go to one of the parks (tickets plus food). There is a discount for buying multi-park one day passes, but still it's pricey. If you get park hopper, then it gets more expensive. Gas, shopping, food, other things you do besides the park.....it's going to cost quite a bit.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• $200 MONTLY FOR 1 YEAR PLUS MORE SAVINGS
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Parking at Universal is $14.00 for the day a friend of mine just went.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/ 

You may be able to find a better deal out there......best thing is to eat before you go and remember, it is EXPENSIVE for even a 12 ounce drink in Disney and a hotdog....etc....you can easily spend over several hundred a day on the food alone for all of you.

Good thing you can stay at in-laws! 

Enjoy the parks which ever one you go to!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 10:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011