Besides being ready emotionally and agreeing upon having another child with your SO or DH, what do u plan also?

Money is a big importance when it comes to children.One would like to be ready financially, what exactly, to YOU is "financially ready"? Money saved? how much? just some money saved but good income?

house wise?? i have a 2 bedroom and one child already, too cramed?

what are your opinions, if it was YOU, what would it take to say you and your SO are READY for another child? beside the basci agreeing, emotionally, physically etc.

(hope that makes sense LOL)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• ~*Smiles*~... it is different for each person since each person's standards are different. One person might think they need to own a home where as another couple can be happy with an apartment. One family might think each child needs their own bedroom where as another might not see it too bad to have 2 kids share a room. Than the difference in standards for the types of items they buy....whether high end new, low end new, or even buying used...

Personally, I would be more concerned with the long term of things, like income earned? Because I can live in a big house but foreclosures happen all the time, I know since my husband delivers them!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's different for everyone. If i were to want another child right now. We would need to:
    At least increase our income by 30%. I don't want to just "get by", or have to take anything away from my first child. The second one should not cut into the money we spend on her (I'm not talking toys etc, im talking about schooling, since we plan to go with private). We want each child to have their own room, if we can, but will accept sharing for a bit. Definately save a good amount of money. With DD we saved $3,000+, and would like to do the same again. It has helped so much. Also, I need to make sure my first child is completely 100% taken care of in all ways, financially, emotionally, attention wise, learning wise, up to speed if not ahead of others her age. And we have decided to wait until she is 4-5 before even trying for #2. we know we can be ready by then, and our DD as well. This is just what SO and I decided on for us.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yeah i agree id like to have about 1200-2000 saved. now im thinking should i save some and then try and save along the way or what i know its my decision i just like thinking out loud lol. and i like to talk about it and get others opinions :)

i want another baby so badly right now
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We wouldn't have to have any money saved, but we would have to be able to put the same amount of money into an additional college fund as what we're putting into our daughter's now. While still being able to put money into our own retirement accounts. A slightly bigger house would be nice, but not necessary.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I always knew I wanted each of my kids to have a bedroom. We lived in a 5 bedroom house and were surprised with our 5th child - we had to finish off the 3rd floor quickly!
    Before I had my kids I definitely wanted to be in a house, not an apartment, and be able to live comfortably and save on my husband's income.

Answer by missanc at 10:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We are only working on our first but we basically decided we would go for it with what we already have. I wish we had a bigger house, I wish we had more income, but you know what? I think there will always be something holding us back. I also know that allot of people have raised wonderful families on a lot less. So, we will get by!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2011