Knot in hair

I'm asking for a friend. Her daughter has a good head of hair, but now that she is more active in her sleep her hair is all knotted in the back. She has tried things like conditioner and hair spray stuff that is for tangles but it's not helping.. and her hair looks pretty bad. The baby is 6 months if it matters.

Any advice on what she can do to prevent the knots?

AmiJanell

Asked by AmiJanell at 12:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ooh - I would say put a dallop of conditioner in before bed, comb through. That should help a lot.
    If not, ask a hairdresser.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If the hair is short there's not really anything that can be done, what race is the baby? That can affect my answer.

For my daughter, whom is biracial (white and black) I don't wash her hair everyday, I condition it daily, use a detangler and ONLY comb it while wet, use a leave in conditioner to keep it weighed down to prevent tangles, and use a moisturizer (I'd suggest anything olive oil/pink oil--NOOOO mineral oil!! It will dry out the hair.) Generally if the hair is short you have to deal with detangling, as it gets longer it's easier to prevent tangles by braiding it or twisting it BEFORE bed.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 12:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• shave it off or cut it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would cut my tangles when it was impossible to remove them, and once I went to a beauty salon so the lady can have it hard in trying to take it off but she told me next time brush your hair lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• maybe a hat of some type. one of the hats they put on the babies in the hospital or something similar, especially if all her hair will fit under it. combing it right before putting it on might help keep the tangles away.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2008