My 13 m.o. wakes up at 4:30!!!

She's been doing this since the summer. For awhile, she slept til 5:30 which is OK, but I can't take the 5 am or 4:30 wakening. Further problem: if I let her "cry it out," sometimes it wakes up her 7 y.o. sister whose behavior problems are exacerbated by sleep deprivation. She goes to bed at 7 every evening, takes a morning and afternoon nap. She doesn't seem to be sleep deprived, but I am!!!

natalya930

Asked by natalya930 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put her to bed a little later. If she is getting up that early consistantly then she might wake up later if you let her stay up a bit later at night.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... My 3 year old will be 4 in April and he still wakes up around 2-3am to crawl between hubby and I... I'm thankfully to the point I don't even wake up anymore, and he goes right back to sleep so it doesn't bother me...

Now I have seen a couple books at the local library that might help you get them in their own bed if that is what you are looking to do, they even carry the Super Nanny books... and public library is free!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Time to start backing her off to one nap a day. Also make sure she has a relatively full tummy before bed. Have you tried rocking her and giving her a sippy of water, or just taking her in bed with you for a couple hours?
    Anonymous

• i put my kids to bed around 9 and they sleep till 10 or 11 try a little later
    momoftwinkies09

Answer by momoftwinkies09 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011