Is your child harder to get to bed if they miss their afternoon nap??

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one?
My daughter is 15 months and she takes one 2 hour nap around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. She is always very easy to put to bed. At 8pm we just lay her down and give her her blanket (she calls it her "nap") And she goes right to sleep... unless she misses her nap!! Then she screams and cries and kicks and yells. I know it is going to happen every time thats why I HATE for her to miss her nap.
Does this happen to you?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• yep. All my kids when they were under the age of three, if they missed their naps or had a long overstimulating day, where and are always harder to get to bed.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• He gets really wired late in the day if he misses his nap. When he's starting to get a little giddy I start saying he's really tired and everybody is like "but he doesn't look tired" He really doesn't want to go to bed, and it takes a little longer to settle him down but he goes to sleep really quickly once he gets still.

Answer by missanc at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If my 2 year old misses her nap,. bedtime (which is already a breeze) is cake! She falls asleep before I finish putting her jammies on!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011