How do you feel about singers who overly embelish the singing of the Star Spangled Banner?

Besides the MAJOR flubbing of lyrics Christina Aguillera did, she also added to the musical score. I'm sorry but this Navy Vet wants my National Anthem sung exactly as written!!

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Entertainment

• Ditto!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with you. I didn't watch the Super Bowl but I did see video of her singing. I just don't like her style.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think its ridiculous people getting ridiculed of how they sing it. Its their singing their voice and as long as they do it with respect thats fine with me.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree, during it yesterday I told my dh that I can't stand when artist put their own spin on it.
    Anonymous

• What happened to Kate Smith?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I am okay with it. I am a Navy vet as well and I like to hear it in all forms. It does bother me when they screw it up but I just account nerves for that. I know it through and through but to get up and sing it in front of a group would make me all tongue tied.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• it needs to be sung how frances scott key wrote it!!!!! thats respect. save all the dramatics for other songs. i also think people should shut their mouths when its being sung and these "men" need to show respect and take off the damned hats!!!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• For me, it's not so much a patriotic feeling that leads me to absolutely loathe the way most singers do it...it's just the fact that I HATE that style. R & B, soul, whatever you want to call it. It's not my thing.
    I have some singer suggestions, if the SuperBowl people would like to call me, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• First, the national anthem is incrediably difficult for even professional singers to sing. That's just how it's written. Secondly, this country is the only country on Earth where people feel they have the right to add their own spin or personal touch to the national anthem.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Can they not screw up one of the most recognizable songs
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011