Nanny cams?

has anyone used one? i am considering buying one but don't want to get ripped off. i've been googling them and all i'm getting seems to be advertisements... i want one with an sd card that can be played back... anyone know where to get one or have a review?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Try an electronics store.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I havent used one and wouldnt. If i felt the need to use a nanny cam, then i believe i dont feel comfortable leaving my child with that person, therefore i wouldnt leave them...period. i wouldnt even let it get to the point of using a cam.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• right... um, i have a teenage sibling that has a lot of issues who is moving into my house because my mom refuses to deal with her. in addition to proper parenting and couseling that i plan to provide for her, i want to make sure she isn't drinking/using drugs/having guests that aren't allowed to be there while i am away at work. i'm not leaving my child with anyone i feel i can't trust. i am trying to do everything i can to protect my sister/kind of more like a daughter from her own stupidity.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• In this day and age, it is suprising the people we trust our children with... I've seen mothers who absolutely wouldn't think the person their child is with would do anything, and than find out they were absuing their children (and seen elder abuse too)!!! If a person is that trust worthy they wouldn't even be offended by a camera... I know I wouldn't since I have nothing to hide!!!

Check your local electronic stores, find an audio/video geek like at Best Buy and pick their brains, those people truly are intelligent!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Wow*~... now that I see your response... YOU GO GIRL... I would too!!!
    MommaClark3

• Check out an electronics store or check out amazon, my BIL had a camera thingy for his house (they werent hiddne much but im sure you could. it was on the major parts of his house, living room halls etc, and it recorded to his computer 24/7 and saved, im sure it could be used the same way.

Or if you already have a security system for your home, you could see if they offer something like this.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• and kill 2 bird with one stone and also can use it to protect your home. 1 in every 20 homes are burglarized annually and getting a system installed decreases those chance by 20 %... ha i sold ADT before :)

but seriously it works the same way as the nanny cams.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• good luck with that. that's a lot of responsibility to take on so the mre you can do to help yourself out the better. wish i could give a good site but i havent had much luck in that department
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• good luck!
    noelliekodasmum

Answer by noelliekodasmum at 11:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2011