Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do I get my ex husband (divorced six years) to stop texting me with sexual advances? adult content

I have been divorced 6 and separated ten years. He began this by talking about problems within his new marriage but it has escalated into unpredictable timing of texts which tell me he wants sex and doesnt care if he cheats on his wife. It never stops. I have tried to simply forward the texts to his new wife and she tends to think I am only starting trouble. I simply dont want his advances. Now it seems he is watching my every move. He knows what guys I am dating before my best friends do. How do I cure this? Feels very very uncomfortable and invasive. It has put a slight hesitancy on my dating habits.

We have a daughter together who is sixteen. He forces it on me to communicate via text. Doesnt answer home phone and only responds through his cell. Court order states we must keep all numbers available to each other. Plus I have taken them to police. They say to hire a lawyer. Gosh the one thing I don't need right now is more expense. Besides the fact its more fighting. Court should be the last resort and she is going to of age in nine months. 


Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Actually get a consultation with a lawyer. You can get somethings changed and since he is the one causing the trouble depending on how the laws are set up he could be paying for your attorney fees to get everything changed.


    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Do not respond...

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • I agree with the other. Get a restraining order! That is very unsafe for you! People do crazy things even the people that were once close to you that you loved.

    Answer by 1911 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • even if you're not going to, tell him that if he doesn stop you're going to call the cops or put a restraining order on him. honestly, even if he WAS your husband, it sounds creepy

    Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • change your cell, and only give him your house number.....he can't txt you then.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • get a different number

    Answer by letstalk747 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • i would simply Change my Number & if he takes you to court b/c he doesn't have it- Show the judge all of the Text Messages he has sent you & i am sure the judge will be on your side! Wishing you lots of luck:)


    Answer by daisyb at 11:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • He's your ex, I'm assuming you've told him to efff off before...

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • I cannot change my number. Yes I could do it with a judge approving. But my daughter would simply give him my new number. Tried that. the kids are not involved and even though I have asked them to not give him the number I began receiving texts on both phones. So I saved myself the headache and resorted back to one.
    I have tried the police. They seem to think this is civil only and they cannot do anything about this. To me it is stalking. Aggravated stalking as I have received threatening texts after forwarding it to his wife the texts he sends. I have told him off only to get more hate texts. Then two days later when he can't stand not texting me again, im back to square one. I guess the best I can hope for is to talk to the prosecuting attorney and see if he can do more. Otherwise once my daughter is of age. I dont have to deal further.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Thank you...Yes I think that maybe the first step..simply talk to a lawyer and see what my options are since he isn't going to do this with a gentle firm nudge. Ill have more questions I am certain about this. He isnt one to be reckoned with so easily. I was married 23 years to him and I can absolutely say he is a chameleon when it comes to acting innocent. This time the proof is in text.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

Next question in Relationships
Why do men......

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Any lady gamers out there?