What counts as putting words together?

Do phrases like I love you, thank you, and aw man count, or does it have to be them using two or more words they know to say something? Thanks for any input.

AlexXaviersMom

Asked by AlexXaviersMom at 12:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes-my-oys-say-thakyou---love-you----thigs-like-that-sorry-comp-kida-messed-up
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• hahaha...my little one says

OHHH MANN too lol

its adoarble...

yeah....things like that....they know that you say them so it means somthing

lexie just started saying

I love you mommy

I love you too,

putting 3 words together she knows what it means because she gives me hugs when she says it ;o) so im pretty sure she knows
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My daughter mixes sign language (of a sort) with garbled sounds. She also seems to turn everything into a variation of DADA. She's only 13 months, though.
    Seesagirl

Answer by Seesagirl at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My DD is 22 months old and can put up to 5 words together at once . YEs those do count.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Not really since they hear these as one long sound and don't pull them apart to use the individual words in other phrases.

Using two seperate words together is what you are looking for:
    More cookies
    More milk
    baby up (life me up)
    more please
    thank you mommy
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• if the sentence means one thing, like over there, it is one thought. if it represents two, it is a sign of further language. my 20 month old signs over 50 signs and has over 5000 WORDS! same as a five year old. she tells me things like, "i eat it all gone mommy."
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008