Do you think the engagemant ring is important?

I'm talking price, size, setting, where it came from. Do these things matter to you?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't think price and size are all that important in a ring. BUT, if you're getting a ring from a millionaire, and the ring costs $500, there's something to be said about that. If you get a $20 ring from a man that only has $20 to spend, then that's different.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope, as long as you have SOMETHING on your finger when you get engaged, you can always upgrade later!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think the right answer is no, but the emotional answer is yes. i was in my late 20's when i got engaged. I would be lying if I say it didnt matter. Sure it did. Everyone has some degree of superficiality (don't debate over this point, if you don't, that's great, good for you). Now 10 years later, it matters less. I am somewhat a romantic deep-down, I like to keep the original so I won't be upgrading (vs. several of girl friends did and o boy, I need sun glasses around those things). On a different note about the engagement ring is that you want to see the guy's ability to save, a very imporant trait for marriage. If he's able to save 3-4 months worth of his salary and buy the ring CASH, you got yourself a fairly responsible guy.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No to me it is the symbol that important.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well no,but,I don't want a diamond u need to use a magnify glass to see it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You don't even need a ring to be engaged IMO. some people just put all there money into bands if its all you can afford.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i had a diamond with my first marriage. my second my husband and i have matching bands. i love them way better than the diamond. i really like how we have the same rings. it seems now a days girls are just obsessed about the diamond and the size of it, thats not what matters at the end of the day.
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• my hubby was obsessed with the size and everything about my ring! but i told him i wanted my great grandmas ring to b my ring so he had the diamond reset for me in a new setting! i love it! so its wat i wanted and wat he wanted it to be! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Not to me. It's just a symbol.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My hubby cared more than I did. After my baby was born, i stopped wearing the ring because I didn't want to scratch my son by accident with the ring. I haven't worn my ring in over a year. I wanted to have the ring reset so that it wouldn't scratch, but hubby is sentimental and wants the original ring kept as is.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2011