What do you think?

This question is probably going to get a lot of angry answers, but I am going to ask anyway...
Have any of you smoked pot to relieve pregnancy symptoms? Do you think it is healthier for the baby and you instead of taking medications for pregnancy symptoms (ex. taking prescription naseau meds, sleep aides, or medications for stress)? If you have smoked did everything go well? If you would feel more comfortable messaging me with an answer feel free. Thanks. This is just a question, so please don't assume things and jump on me.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Signs of using marijuana include:

* rapid heart rate
    * increased blood pressure
    * increased rate of breathing
    * red eyes
    * dry mouth
    * increased appetite, or "the munchies"
    * slowed reaction time
    I don't believe increasing your heart rate, blood pressure, and decreasing your rate of breathing are healthy for you or your child.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• no , not healthy to take anything , deal with the symptoms , its about the babe not YOU.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would highly doubt it. It's not safe to take much of anything, while you are pregnant. Smoking cigarettes is bad for your baby and you, and so is smoking pot. Just because pot is natural doesn't mean it's not harmful.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I thought it had some vasoconstricting effects which are always a bad idea for pregnancy and I know my medical textbook said there is a significantly higher rate of preterm labor and RDS . Generally the medications have been tested more and just because something is natural doesn't make it safer,even herbs need to be restricted in pregnancy.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• couldn't the baby develop an addiction to the marijuana? ive seen babies born with an addiction and it's the most horrible sight i think i have ever saw. i think i would take my chances and deal with the pain now, then chancing having to deal with the aftermath of that poor baby. and if possibly the mother or the newborn were tested with drugs in their systems, the child would be taken away from the mother.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There are remedies that will not endanger the baby!!

ginger tea
    chamomile tea
    sea sickness bands.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There are some people who have medical conditions they can't just deal with and the doctors prescribe medications while your pregnant thats safer for the baby than what you were taking before, but wouldn't something natural be better for you than prescription drugs? And it is partially about you because if you are not in good health then your baby wont be.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011