Pains help please

i had my dd 6 days ago and it was my most painful labor so far i have a three yr old and a two yr old and ive never felt this before....when i try to breastfeed my baby my uterus will contracted which is normal i know but it feels like im having labor contractions the pain is so unbearable that i sometimes cant even stomach to force myself thru it for her sake since i feel like its my job to breastfeed her i mean thats why women produce milk but thats my opion i have been giving her formula for about three days now because i cant bear the pain any longer ive tried all the breastfeeding positions and none have helped my breast hurt so bad because there is so much milk in there and hot showers dont relieve it enough maybe five mins and the are hard as a rock again do i just have to suffer thru the pain of one or the other or can i have a lil comfort from the stomach pain please help i am at the end of my rope and have no clue what to do

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly its either dry yourself up and formula feed or suffer through the contraction pain and breastfeed your baby. The pain should go away in a few days its just your bodies way of shrinking down your uterus again i know it hurts but i also know what it feels like to have super sore breast to.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i got those too! i took my Tylenol for the pain! it was the worst but u can do it! *hugs*
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• thank u i guess i just needed some reassurance that im nt crazy for trying to bf thru the pain
    bugbug07

Comment by bugbug07 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, you are not crazy to breastfeed through the pain. Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011