What's the number 1 best baby formula?

I breastfeed and sometimes have to supplment but not offten. Is similac blue sheild really the best? I used it with my first daughter and she was always fussy, gasy they said it'smost like breastmilk that's why I used it. But is that true? Hospitails seem to think it is.

I was wondering what about Earths best Organic with the cow on it, It's a red can. I heard that is the best same with Enfamil and G0od start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Similac Sensitive with my son and now use it with my daughter. I LOVE IT!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Read the ingredients. You want something without GMOs, pesticides, or high fructose corn syrup. Stick with an organic brand, and watch out for allergic reactions (both soy and dairy are allergy triggers, that are best avoided baby's first year)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The best formula is the one your baby takes, and doesn't have problems with. Really, it's not a set in stone type of thing, it's what works best for your family.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• As you know every baby is different and so is their reaction to formulas. When my daughter was born 5 years ago I had her on Similac and Enfamil and she did fine on both of those brands. My son who was born in Sept. did not do well on Enfamil. He was always fussy and gassy so I switched him to Good Start Gentle Ease and he is tolerating that a whole lot better. You may have to sample some of each before you find one that your baby tolerates. Your child pediatrician may have samples for you.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is no "best." It's all baby's preference.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I don't think that the brand makes a difference as much as which formula type ( i.e Gentlease, lactofree, etc) The different types are usually associated with how much of the milk protein is broken down for the baby's digestion. When I formula fed my older two, they had to use Nutramagen which is hypoallergenic and contains no milk proteins. My son was breastfed and eventually switched to formula and he had to use Gentlease which has half of the milk proteins broken down already. Both are made by Enfamil, but even the generic store brands have an equivalent.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011