How do I do this?

I really want to start a scrapbook but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have and tips for me?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 1:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Ooooo scrapbooking is SO much fun. :)

start by organizing all your photos into either a timeline, or different events. (ex: Halloween, Birthdays, ect)

The pick out some paper that you like, scrapbooks come in all shapes and sizes, so go with whatever, and grab some stickers/letters/decorating stuff/ pens/ markers, and have at it!

Be sure to write dates and stories behind the pictures. obviously not EVER picture, but ones that call for it. Make sure you give yourself plenty of space to work in. (Like the middle of a clean floor that noone will be walking through) You'll have so much fun.
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 1:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You could also scrapbook on the computer. It's a lot cheaper. There area all sorts of programs (from dedicated scrapbooking ones that are pretty affordable to photo editing programs like Photoshop Elements which is around $99). The kits (paper and embellishments) are cheap and reusable or you can scour the internet for freebies and never pay for a thing. I did digital scrapbooking for almost a year without buying a single thing. It's a lot of fun...no mess and little cost (compared to paper scrapbooking). Then, if you scrap 8x8 you can print at home, or order bigger sizes online or have them bound into a book.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It all starts with a photo. I would use copies of photos until you feel proficient enough to ride without training wheels. Many craft stores especially scrapbooking stores offer free classes for beginners-just buy your supplies there as a thankyou for their generosity. Put scrapbooking supplies on your Santa Clause list for Christmas.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 4:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2008