Will a doctor prescibe diet pills if you are not severely overweight?

I am 5'4" and weigh 150 and would like to loose 30 lbs. I have drastically changed my diet, I eat more healthy now and exercise 4 times a week and in the 6 months of changing bad habits I have still managed to gain 20 unwanted lbs. I don't know why I'm not losing instead of gaining.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• idk, but they are wicked! and in a bad way! talk to your doc and find out! good luck!
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 12:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It depends on the doctor. Some doctors won't even prescribe pills for severly overweight people. If it's only 30lbs, why not just do it? I have 80 to lose, and I just can't wrap myself around only 30. No offense.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Ask for a complete physical to make sure you don't have a hormone problem or thyroid problem. If you check out ok physically, you can ask a doctor about steps you can take. I highly doubt they will prescribe a diet pill for you since you are not severly obese. However, they can probably refer you to a nutritionist and get you more help.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Just remember muscle weighs more than fat! but not that much more I guess
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 12:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Maybe its muscle. We r close in height and weight. The only way I lose lately is weight competitions. Count your calories..300 breakfast 100 snack 300 lunch 100 snack 300 dinner 100 snack. Try Korean pine nut seed oil softgels. They help suppress appetite. I just started it 3 thirty mins before a meal.. and its good for your brain, blood pressure and cholesterol..
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It depends on the Dr.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011