What does ovulation spotting look like in comparrison to other bleeding?

I had a miscarriage about a month ago. My body has been showing signs of ovulation (EWCM, high/open/soft cervix) but hasn't quite reached ovulation yet (I chart so I know I haven't ovulated yet).

Long story short....

Today I started having pink blood once on the toilet paper and then it's in my cervical mucus (I've checked it 3 times today just to see and the blood is still there).

How do I know if it's ovulatory bleeding or spotting from my miscarriage?

What causes ovulatory bleeding? Is it just hormonal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Ovulatory is bleeding is really rare. But from what you have described, you could be experiencing it. Should not last long at all.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thanks for your imput.

I've never had ovulatory bleeding in the past but I know everything is different after a miscarriage just like after birth. I'm hoping this is going to be it. We are really hoping to concieve ASAP.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011