Why does she kick so much?

My daughter is 9 1/2 months old and I have recently noticed that she kicks/moves her feet a lot! She taps them when she hears music that she likes...which I guess is normal for her age. But she also kicks them when I am holding her, it's usually a steady tapping. She does it when she is laid down to sleep for the night...I will be patting her back and her foot, usually always the left foot will be tapping. She will also be sitting on the floor and she will just start swish ticking her feet very fast.

Is this normal? or should I be concerned?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 12:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ask a pedi... but otherwise sounds like she's holding a beat.. idk
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my son does the same, its just the fact that they were in utero for 9 months and was sqooshed, so now their getting use to being able to move their legs but their still in that mental stage that their still in their mother. so its a new thing for them, usually by the time that their 6-9 months they grow out of it, and it could also be a Nervous tick, babies get stressed just like us
    Cadens_Momma

Answer by Cadens_Momma at 7:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Its normal! Whether its from excitement or just knowing that they have the ability to control their bodies.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I believe that it is normal.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011