Pyloric Stenosis

My grandson had that 20 yrs ago. Today we took his 3 week old dd to the hospital for surgery tomorrow for the same thing. Have surgical procedures improved over the past 20 yrs for this condition? I know he had a rough time after his surgery. I hate that she's going to go through it. It normally happens in first born males but obviously can happen to girls. Bless her little heart. Please send prayers and positive energy to her tomorrow afternoon. Thank you.

Asked by admckenzie at 12:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The good news is surgery as a whole is far better than what was offered 20 yrs ago. Both my GKs have had to have newborn surgeries. It's hard on them and on you. I will keep your family close in thought and prayer.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Poor baby! My nephew had it when he was born and had surgery at 10 days old to fix it. He had to stay in the nicu for about a week, but after that he was fine. He is now 14 and just has a small scar. He never had any further problems.

Hoping everything goes well tomorrow.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Will definitely keep your family in prayer
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2011