When was the first time you really felt like: OMG I'm getting old. I won't be around forever." ?

I know, time passes by do quickly. Especially when you're busy. And you know you're getting older and older, but it doesn't really bother you. And all of a sudden you look at your kinds and think: How did they grow up so fast?

I felt like this yesterday. Why? I found a few grey hair. They're really shiny and silver. Like moonbeams. I'm 29 and it really hit me. My body is going to change and there's not much I can do about it.

Okay a grey hair or two might not be such a big deal, but it was then when I realized it for the first time.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• Your still young...it didn't hit me until I was passed 40 and all the kids I used to babysit are your age, and older!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• lol...when I turned thirty two. I know I am still young, but no more twenties, it only goes up from here ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• At 52 I still haven't thought about it much because with the kids grown up we're free to play again, :) and we do! Life is very carefree at this age! No menstral cycles, leave anytime, day or night awe just like the good ole days, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'll be 50 this year, and I actually feel pretty young....and as Kathy 675 said, have much more time to play.

But today, we lost a dear friend who is only 56. I'm afraid it has kind of hit me today. Sorry, just a little sad.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I found some grey hair awhile ago and ran right away to wal-mart and got hair dye!! lol I do not knw who said to grow old gracefully, but it probably was a swimsuit model or something. I have no intention of growing old gracefully! I will fight it tooth and nail!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• when a kid i use to babysit called me out of the blue one day to say hi and about his daughter and wife i was like thanks for making me feel so old....and everything hurting makes me feel old
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Honestly? I was 12 when I first felt this way lol. But it goes back to the question I just answered about panic attacks so... But I still get those thoughts, I can just control them now and I know I'm still young. Oh, and I've been noticing a few grey hairs for a few years lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The past few years it hit me, and we talked about it as a couple, and I have life insurance... hahhaah

I think that is the biggest sign of not just growing up but realizing I wasn't going to live forever???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011