When was the first time you really felt like: OMG I'm getting old. I won't be around forever." ?

I know, time passes by do quickly. Especially when you're busy. And you know you're getting older and older, but it doesn't really bother you. And all of a sudden you look at your kinds and think: How did they grow up so fast?

I felt like this yesterday. Why? I found a few grey hair. They're really shiny and silver. Like moonbeams. I'm 29 and it really hit me. My body is going to change and there's not much I can do about it.

Okay a grey hair or two might not be such a big deal, but it was then when I realized it for the first time.

Asked by BeachMom81 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• Your still didn't hit me until I was passed 40 and all the kids I used to babysit are your age, and older!

Answer by togo90210 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• lol...when I turned thirty two. I know I am still young, but no more twenties, it only goes up from here ;)

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I found some grey hair awhile ago and ran right away to wal-mart and got hair dye!! lol I do not knw who said to grow old gracefully, but it probably was a swimsuit model or something. I have no intention of growing old gracefully! I will fight it tooth and nail!!

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• when a kid i use to babysit called me out of the blue one day to say hi and about his daughter and wife i was like thanks for making me feel so old....and everything hurting makes me feel old

Answer by suhweetness at 12:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Honestly? I was 12 when I first felt this way lol. But it goes back to the question I just answered about panic attacks so... But I still get those thoughts, I can just control them now and I know I'm still young. Oh, and I've been noticing a few grey hairs for a few years lol.

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• At 52 I still haven't thought about it much because with the kids grown up we're free to play again, :) and we do! Life is very carefree at this age! No menstral cycles, leave anytime, day or night awe just like the good ole days, lol

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• The past few years it hit me, and we talked about it as a couple, and I have life insurance... hahhaah

I think that is the biggest sign of not just growing up but realizing I wasn't going to live forever???

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'll be 50 this year, and I actually feel pretty young....and as Kathy 675 said, have much more time to play.

But today, we lost a dear friend who is only 56. I'm afraid it has kind of hit me today. Sorry, just a little sad.....

Answer by ohwrite at 2:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011